The NexGSD team invites fellow academic researchers and industrial participants within Global Software Engineering (GSE) to share valuable empirical experiences by submitting papers to the 9th International Conference on Global Software Engineering (ICGSE) taking place in Shanghai, China from August 18-24, 2014.
Call for papers has been announced and can be found here as well as an introduction to the conference topics.
Globally collaborative software and IT industries are bringing huge opportunities for each and every country all over the world. The diversity of culture and the dispersion over time and space require novel techniques, tools, and practices from many disciplines to overcome
challenges and to take full advantage of the opportunities.
The 9th International Conference on Global Software Engineering (ICGSE) brings together researchers and practitioners interested in solving the challenges of distributed software development. ICGSE 2014 invites academic and industrial individuals and teams to contribute to the fast growing field of global software development and engineering.
Topics of interest include:
- Project management of distributed software projects
- Collaborative requirement engineering
- Software design and architecture for distributed development
- Agile and lean development in distributed teams and organizations
- Software testing in a globally distributed environment
- Communication, coordination and collaboration
- Strategic issues in distributed development
- Working with globally distributed contractors
- Industrial offshoring and out sourcing experiences
- Tools and infrastructure support for distributed teams
- Cloud computing and crowdsourcing
- Methods and processes for global organizations
- Education in global software engineering
Practice: Global Software Engineering addresses real-world challenges, and so we especially seek industry knowledge. We invite industrial participants to share observations and experiences in the conference by publishing papers and making presentations.
Research: We invite academic researchers to submit papers discussing GSE research and GSE education. Papers with empirical evidence are encouraged and will be given preference.
Please visit the official ICGSE website for additional information.