Listed alphabetically. All available papers on the NeXGSD-site are not for commercial use
- Tøth, T. and Søderberg, A.-M.: Trustbuilding and Boundary-Spanning in Global Collaborations, in Zhang, M. (Ed.) Trustbuilding and Boundary-Spanning in Cross-border Management. Routledge Studies in Trust Research 2018. (book chapter accepted for publication)
- Søderberg, A.-M.: Experience and Cultural Learning in Global Business Contexts. In Chen, Ling (Ed.) Intercultural Communication. Handbooks of Communication Science. Berlin and New York: De Gruyter Mouton 2017, pp. 415-435. (to be published in January 2017)
- Stina Matthiesen and Pernille Bjørn, “Let’s Look Outside the Office: Analytical Lens Unpacking Collaborative Relationships in Global Work“, COOP 2016: Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on the Design of Cooperative Systems, 23-27 May 2016, Trento, Italy, 2016.
- Mansooreh Zahedi, Muhammad Ali Babar, “Why does site visit matter in global software development: A knowledge-based perspective“, Information and Software Technology, Volume 80, December 2016, Pages 36-56, ISSN 0950-5849, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.infsof.2016.08.001.
- Mansooreh Zahedi, Mojtaba Shahin, Muhammad Ali Babar, “A systematic review of knowledge sharing challenges and practices in global software development“, International Journal of Information Management, Volume 36, Issue 6, Part A, December 2016, Pages 995-1019, ISSN 0268-4012, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijinfomgt.2016.06.007.
- Bjørn, Pernille. New fundamentals for CSCW research: From distance to politics. Interactions (May-June), 50-53. 2016.
- Marco Kuhrmann, Philipp Diebold, Jürgen Münch, Paolo Tell. “How Does Software Process Improvement Address Global Software Engineering?”, in 2016 IEEE 11th International Conference on Global Software Engineering (ICGSE).
- Paolo Tell and Muhammad Ali Babar. “An Empirical Evaluation of an Activity-Based Infrastructure for Supporting Cooperation in Software Engineering”, in 2016 IEEE 11th International Conference on Global Software Engineering (ICGSE).
- Paolo Tell, Jacob B. Cholewa, Peter Nellemann, Marco Kuhrmann. “Beyond the Spreadsheet: Reflections on Tool Support for Literature Studies“, in 2016 ACM 20th International Conference on Evaluation and Assessment in Software Engineering (EASE).
- Jakob E. Bardram, Morten Esbensen, and Paolo Tell (2015) ‘Supporting Co-located SCRUM Processes in Global Software Development‘, position paper for the Workshop on Supporting “Local Remote” Collaboration, CSCW2015, March 2015, Vancouver, Canada
- Morten Esbensen, Paolo Tell, Jacob B. Cholewa, Mathias K. Pedersen, Jakob Bardram. “The dBoard: A Digital Scrum Board for Distributed Software Development”, in 2015 International Conference on Interactive Tabletops & Surfaces (ITS).
- Madsen, S.; Bødker, K.; Tøth, T. (2015) ‘Knowledge Transfer Planning and Execution in Offshore Outsourcing: An Applied Approach’. Information Systems Frontiers, 17, 1, 67-77.
- Matthiesen, S. and Bjørn, P. (2015) “Why Replacing Legacy Systems Is So Hard in Global Software Development: An Information Infrastructure Perspective”. To be presented at the 18th ACM conference on Computer supported cooperative work & social computing (CSCW ’15). ACM, Vancouver, Canada.
- Søderberg, A.-M. (2015) ‘Indian Boundary Spanners in Cross-Cultural and Inter-Organizational Teamwork: An Account from a Global Software Development Project’. In Holden, N., Michailova, S. & Tietze, S. (Eds.) Routledge Companion of Cross-Cultural Management, London and New York, Routledge, pp. 334-343.
- Søderberg, A.-M. (2015) ‘Recontextualizing a Strategic Concept within a Global Organisation: A Case Study on Carlsberg´s ‘Winning Behaviours’ Strategy’. International Journal of Human Resource Management 26, 1-2, pp. 231-257.
- Tøth, T. (2015) Trustworthiness: Enabling Global Collaboration. An Ethnographic Study of Trust, Distance, Control, Culture and Boundary Spanning within Offshore Outsourcing of IT Services. PhD thesis, Copenhagen Business School, PhD Series 03.2015 (ISBN 978-87-93155—88-6) (337 pages)
- Tell, P.; Jalaliniya, S.; Andersen, K.S.M.; Christensen, M.D.; Mellson, A.B.; Bardram, J.E., “Approximator: Predicting Interruptibility in Software Development with Commodity Computers,” in Global Software Engineering (ICGSE), 2015 IEEE 10th International Conference on , vol., no., pp.90-99.
- Ali Babar, M. and Lescher, C. (2014) ‘Global Software Engineering: Identifying Challenges is Important and Providing Solutions is Even Better’, editorial in: Special sections on International Conference on Global Software Engineering – August 2011 and Evaluation and Assessment in Software Engineering – April 2012 in: Information and Software Technology Journal, volume 56, Issue 1, pages 1-5, January 2014. Available online
- Bjørn, P., Bardram, J., Avram, G., Bannon, L., Boden, A., Redmiles, D., Souza, C. d., and Wulf, V. (2014) ‘Global Software Development in a CSCW Perspective‘, in: Workshop paper for Computer Supported Cooperative Work and Social Computing (CSCW), ACM, Baltimore, 2014.
- Bjørn, P. (2014) ‘Sociomaterial-Design in Global Software Development‘, position paper presented in: Workshop on Global Software Development in a CSCW Perspective, CSCW2014, Baltimore, USA, 2014.
- Bjørn, P., Esbensen, M., Jensen, R. E., and Matthiesen, S. “Does distance still matter? Revisiting the CSCW fundamentals on distributed collaboration,” ACM Transaction Computer Human Interaction (ToChi) (21:5) 2014, pp 1-27. Available here
- Christensen, L.R., Jensen, R.E. & Bjørn, P. (2014). Creating Relation Work: Characteristics for Local and Global Collaboration. COOP 14: 11th International Conference on the Design of Cooperative Systems, Nice, France, May 27th – May 30th 2014.
- Christensen, L. R., & Bjørn, P. (2014). Documentscape: intertextuality, sequentiality, & autonomy at work. In Proceedings of the 32nd annual ACM conference on Human factors in computing systems (pp. 2451-2460). ACM.
- Esbensen, Morten and Jakob Bardram (2014) ‘Tool Support for Globally Distributed Scrum‘, position paper for: Workshop on Global Software Development in a CSCW Perspective, CSCW2014, February, Baltimore, United States
- Esbensen, M., and Bjørn, P. (2014) ‘Routine and standardization in Global software development’, in: GROUP, ACM, Sanible Island, Florida, USA, 2014.
- Esbensen, M., Tell, P. and Bardram, J. E. ‘SideBar – Videoconferencing System Supporting Social Engagement’. In Proceedings of the 10th IEEE International Conference on Collaborative Computing: Networking, Applications and Worksharing, Miami, Florida, United States, 2014.
- Jensen, R. E., & Nardi, B. (2014). The Rhetoric of Culture as an Act of Closure in a Cross-National Software Development Department. Presented at the European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS), June 2014, Tel Aviv. Israel.
- Jensen, Rasmus Eskild (2014) ‘Transfer of Responsibility and Building Trust in a Global Software Development Project‘, position paper for: Workshop on Global Software Development in a CSCW Perspective, CSCW2014, February, Baltimore, United States
- Jensen, R. E. (2014) ‘Why closely coupled work matters in global software development’ in: GROUP, ACM, Sanible Island, Florida, USA, 2014.
- Jeuris, S., Houben, S., and Bardram J. (2014) “Laevo: a temporal desktop interface for integrated knowledge work.” Proceedings of the 27th annual ACM symposium on User interface software and technology. ACM, 2014.
- Matthiesen, S., Bjørn, P., and Petersen, L. M.(2014) ‘Figure Out How to Code with the Hands of Others’: Recognizing Cultural Blind Spots in Global Software Development,” in Proceedings of the 17th ACM conference on Computer supported cooperative work & social computing (CSCW ’14). ACM, Baltimore, Maryland, USA, 1107-1119.
- Søderberg, A.-M. (2014) ‘Narrative Interviewing and Narrative Analysis in a Study of a Cross-border Merger’. In Bell, E. &Willmott, H. (Eds.) Qualitative Research in Business and Management. 1: Classical and Contemporary Studies. London: Sage.
- Søderberg, A.-M. (2014) Boundary Spanners in a Global Software Development Project: A Qualitative Case Study of an Indian Service Provider´s On-Site Managers. Peer reviewed paper presented at the Academy of International Business´ conference in Vancouver, Canada, June 22-25.
- Søderberg, A.-M.& Romani, L. (2014) Boundary-Spanning in Global Software Development: Views from a major Indian IT Vendor. Peer reviewed paper presented at the 12th EIASM Research Workshop on International Business, Copenhagen, October 24-25.
- Tøth, T. (2014) ‘Trust in Client-Vendor Relations: An Empirical Study of Collaboration across National and Organizational Boundaries’. In: Proceedings of the 5th ACM International Conference on Collaboration Across Boundaries: Culture, Distance & Technologies (CABS 2014). By Naomi Yamashita; Vanessa Evers; Carolyn Rose; Mary Beth Watson-Manheim. New York: ACM, pp. 5-14.
- Zahedi, M. and Ali Babar, M. (2014) “Knowledge Sharing for Common Understanding of Technical Specifications Through Artifactual Culture”, in: 18th International Conference on Evaluation and Assessment in Software Engineering 2014, London, UK, 2014. (pre-print copy)
- Zahedi, M. and Ali Babar, M. (2014) ‘Towards an Understanding of Enabling Process Knowing in Global Software Development: A Case Study’, in: The International Conference on Software and Systems Process (ICSSP) 2014, in Nanjing, China. Available as a ‘pre-print copy’ for non-commercial use
- Ali Babar, M. and Zahedi, M. (2013) ‘Understanding Structures and Affordances of Extended Teams in Global Software Development’, in Proceeding of the 8th International Conference on Global Software Engineering (ICGSE), Bari, Italy, 2013.
- Ali Babar, M., Dumas, M., Solberg, A. (2013) ‘NordiCloud 2013: A Nordic and Baltic Gathering for Supporting Cloud Computing and Internet Technologies‘, in Proceedings of the 2nd Symposium on Cloud Computing and Internet Technologies, 2013, Oslo, Norway.
- Madsen, S.; Keld Bødker, K.; Tøth, T. (2013) ‘From Research to Practical Application: Knowledge Transfer Planning and Execution in Outsourcing’. In: Grand Successes and Failures in IT. Public and Private Sectors: IFIP WG 8.6 International Working Conference on Transfer and Diffusion of IT, TDIT 2013, Bangalore, India, June 27-29, 2013. IFIP AICT – Advances in Information and Communication Technology Proceedings Ed. by Yogesh K. Dwivedi; Helle Zinner Henriksen; David Wastell; Rahul De, Heidelberg : Springer Science + Business Media B.V, Vol. 402, 510-524.
- Majumdar, M. (2013) Collaborative tools for the digital age: Exploring the implications of social computing technologies for virtual teams, Ph.D. dissertation, defended at the Indian Institute of Bangalore (IIM-B)
- Majumdar, A., Bjørn, P., Krishna, S. (2013) ‘Managers’ perceptions of social software use in the workplace: Identifying the benefits of social software and emerging patterns of its use’, in Proceedings of AMCIS, AIS, Chicago, Illinois, USA (available online)
- Sonne, T., Søderberg, A-M., Tøth, T. (2013) ‘Negotiating and Spanning Boundaries in Offshore Outsourcing: Indian and Danish Perceptions of Intercultural Collaboration‘, in AIB (Academy of International Business) Annual Meeting, Istanbul, Turkey July 3-6, 2013
- Søderberg, A-M., Krishna, S., Bjørn P. (2013): ‘Global Software Development: Commitment, Trust and Cultural Sensitivity in Strategic Partnerships’, in Journal of International Management (available online).
- Tøth, T. (2013): ‘Trust in Offshore Outsourcing Collaboration: Strategies for Maintaining Enlightened Indifference‘ in Proceedings of the First International Network on Trust 2013 (FINT2013), Singapore, November 21-13
- Tøth, T. (2013) ‘Trust and Coordination in Offshore Outsourcing: An Account of Intercultural Collaboration in a Danish and Indian IT Context‘, in Proceedings of HCI International, USA 21 – 26 July 2013. (available online)
- Søderberg, A.-M.; Krishna, S.; Bjørn, P. (2013) ‘Global Software Development: Trust, Commitment and Cultural Sensitivity in Strategic Partnerships’. Journal of International Management 19(4), 347-361.
- Zahedi, M. and Ali Babar, M. (2013) ‘Exploring Social Structures in Extended Team Model’, in Proceeding of CHASE 2013.
- Ali Babar, M., et al. (2012) ‘Nordic Symposium on Cloud Computing and Internet Technologies‘, in Proceedings of the WICSA/ECSA 2012 Companion Volume Pages 1-4, NordiCloud 2012, Helsinki, Finland, 2012.
- Ali Babar, M. (2012) ‘Perspectives and Reflections on Cloud Computing and Internet Technologies from NordiCloud 2012‘, in Proceedings of the 2nd Symposium on Cloud Computing and Internet Technologies, 2013, Oslo, Norway.
- Gertsen, M.C., Søderberg, A-M. and Zølner, M. (2012) Global Collaboration. Intercultural Experiences and Learning, New York: PalgraveMacmillan 2012.
- Gertsen, M.C. and Søderberg, A.-M. (2012) ‘Inpatriation in a globalizing MNC: Knowledge exchange and translation of corporate culture’, in European Journal of International Management vol. 6, January 2012, vol. 6(1).
- Jensen, R., E., & P., Bjørn (2012) ‘Divergence and Convergence in Global Software Development: Cultural Complexities as Social Worlds’, in From Research to Practice in the Design of Cooperative Systems: Results and Open Challenges, 123-136, Springer, London.
- Korver-Michan, R. and P. Bjørn (2012) ‘Sources of Miscommunications: Searching for Contextual Information in Communication between Chinese and Danish Collaborators’, In International Conference on Intercultural Communication (ICIC). ACM Bangalore, India.
- Majumdar, A. and Krishna, S. (2012) ‘Empirical Analysis of Web 2.0 Implications on Collaborative Tool Usage and Team Interactions in Virtual Teams’, in Proceedings of the Eighteenth Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS 2012), August 9-12, Seattle, Washington, USA.
- Søderberg, A.-M. (2012) ‘Engaged Scholarship? Experiences with and reflections upon strategic research in collaboration with a Danish multinational company’. In Holmgreen, L.-L. (Ed.) Culture and Identity in Organisations. Aalborg: Aalborg University Press, 196-216.
- Søderberg, A-M. (2012) ‘Enablers of virtual communication and collaboration in global R&D teams: a qualitative case study’, Peer-reviewed paper accepted for the International Human Resource Management Conference, MDI, Gurgaon India, December 11-13, 2012. (available online)
- Bardam, J., Bjørn, P., Glenstrup, A.J, Pederson, T. (2011) ‘The global interaction research initiative at the IT University of Copenhagen, Denmark’, in Proceedings of the ACM 2011 conference on Computer supported cooperative work, pages 489-496, New York, NY, USA, 2011.
- Bjørn, P. and Christensen, L.R. (2011) ‘Relation work: Creating socio-technical connections in global engineering’, ESCW2011, in Proceedings of the 12th European Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work, 24-28 September 2011, Aarhus Denmark, 2011, pp 133-152, Springer
- Bjørn, P. (2011) ‘Co-Constructing Globally Collaborative Spaces and Places: An Ethnographic Study of How Globally Distributed Engineers Handle Planning Practice’, in Scandinavian Conference Information Systems SCIS. Turku, Finland, Springer.
- Bjørn, P. and Boulus, N. (2011) ‘Dissenting in Reflective Conversations: Critical Components of Doing Action Research’, in Action Research Journal.
- Gertsen, M.C. & Søderberg, A.-M. (2011) ‘Intercultural Collaboration Stories. On Narrative Inquiry and Analysis as Tools for Research in International Business’, in Journal of International Business Studies 2011, vol. 42 (6), pp. 765-786.
- Jensen, R. E., Storm, H.T. and Bjørn, P. (2011) ‘Global Software Development: The complexities in communicating about the requirement specification across culture and geography’, Research Seminar on Information Systems (IRIS). Turku, Finland.
- Majumdar, A. and Krishna, S. (2011) ‘Social computing implications for technology usage and team interactions in virtual teams’, in Proceedings of the 2011 7th International Conference on Collaborative Computing: Networking, Applications and Worksharing (CollaborateCom 2011), October 15-18, Orlando, Florida, USA, IEEE, 443–450.
- Søderberg, A.-M. & Worm, V.D. (2011) ‘Communication and collaboration in subsidiaries in China – Chinese and expatriate accounts’, in European Journal of Cross-Cultural Competence and Management 2011 vol.5.
- Yasouka, M. and P. Bjørn (2011) ‘Difficulties in Establishing Local Language in Machine-Translated Mediated Communication’, in Scandinavian Conference in Information Systems (SCIS). Turku, Finland, Springer.
Relevant publication prior to the project
- Ali Babar, M. (2010) ‘A Framework for Groupware-Supported Software Architecture Evaluation Process in Global Software Development’, available online in Journal of Software Maintenance and Evolution: Research and Practice, DOI: 10.1002/smr.478
- Ali Babar, M., Kitchenham, B., Jeffery, R. (2008) ‘Comparing Distributed and Face-to-Face meetings for Software Architecture Evaluation: A Controlled Experiment’, in Empirical Software Engineering Journal, 13(1): pp. 39-62.
- Ali Babar, M., Nguyen, P.T., Verner, J.M. (2007) ‘Establishing and Maintaining Trust in Off-Shore Software Outsourcing Relationships: Practitioners’ Views’, in Journal of Systems and Software’ 80(9), pp. 1438-1449
- Ali Babar, M. and Verner, J. (2005) ‘Groupware requirements for supporting software architecture evaluation process’, in Proceedings of the International Workshop on Distributed Software Development, 2005, Paris, France.
- Bardram, Jakob E. (2008) ‘Activity-based Computing Support for Agile and Global Software Development’. In CSCW 2008 Workshop on Supporting Distributed Team Work (VRC2008), San Diego, CA, nov 2008.
- Bjørn, P. and O. Ngwenyama (2009) ‘Virtual Team Collaboration: Building Shared Meaning, Resolving Breakdowns and Creating Translucence’. In Information Systems Journal, 19:227-253.
- Bjørn, P. and O. Ngwenyama (2010) ‘Technology Alignment: A New Area in Virtual Team Research’. In IEEE Transactions on Professional Communication, 53:382-340.
- Bjørn, P., A. Scupola and B. Fitzgerald (2006) ‘Expanding Technological Frames Towards Mediated Collaboration: Groupware Adoption in Virtual Learning Teams’. In Scandinavian Journal of Information Systems, 18:3-42.
- Bjørn, P. (2006) ‘Virtual Project Teams: Distant Collaborative Practice and Groupware Adaptation’. In Datalogiske Skrifter ISSN 0109-9779 No. 108, Roskilde University, Roskilde, Denmark, .
- Bjørn, P. (2003) ‘Re-Negotiating Protocols: A Way to Integrate Groupware in Collaborative Learning Settings’. In Proceedings Conference Re-Negotiating Protocols: A Way to Integrate Groupware in Collaborative Learning Settings.
- Madsen, S., Bødker, K., Tøth, T. (2011) ‘Knowledge Transfer in Outsourcing – From theory to Tooling’, in Hertzum, M. and Jørgensen, C. (eds.) Balancing Sourcing and Innovation in Information Systems Development. TAPIR Akademisk Forlag
- Niazi, M., Ali Babar, M., Verner, J. (2010) ‘Software Process Improvement Barriers: A Cross-Cultural Comparison’, in Information and Software Technology, 52(11), pp. 1204-1216, 2010.
- Søderberg, A.-M. & Holden, N (2002) ‘Rethinking cross-cultural management in a globalising business world’. International Journal of Cross Cultural Management, 2 (1), pp.103-121.